Hopefully you will find links here that will be useful. If you wish a link to be added please email it to us.
For specific sites related to the towns and villages serviced by TonicTalk Counselling and Psychotherapy:
TonicTalk Counselling Bedford
TonicTalk Bedfordshire Counselling
TonicTalk Buckinghamshire Counselling
TonicTalk Higham Ferrers Counselling
TonicTalk Kettering Counselling
TonicTalk Milton Keynes Counselling
TonicTalk Newport Pagnell Counselling
TonicTalk Northampton Counselling
TonicTalk Northamptonshire Counselling
TonicTalk Olney Counselling
TonicTalk Rushden Counselling
TonicTalk Wellingborough Counselling
TonicTraining is our website for our Therapeutic Training services which are available in Newport Pagnell. We offer training in:
- Anger Management and Resolution
- We offer two types of experiential group; a ‘rolling 10 session course’ which is open to anyone who wishes to attend, with each session being ‘stand alone’ and independent of previous sessions. And a ‘fixed term’ 10 session closed group which uses the same material but builds more deeply on the group dynamic. Both courses are experiential in which clients learn about their own psychological processes and the nature of anger; the true causes and triggers behind their anger; and how to adjust personal perceptions of self and world to accommodate a more dynamic and confident response to others without the need for anger.
Note: There is a popular misconception amongst ‘lay people’ and some therapists which encourages the use of objects as ‘punch-bags’ for the expression of anger and aggression. This type of therapy is commonly known as ‘displacement therapy’ and it has long been discredited. Expressing anger and aggression towards ‘punch-bags’, while ‘imagining’ striking a person is, to the mind, no different from striking that person for ‘real’. This type of activity overcomes an individual’s inhibitions concerning harming others and it becomes easier to do so each time one engages in it. As such, at TonicTraining we do not offer nor engage in such bogus therapies as they are unhealthy and counterproductive. Nor do we teach people not to be angry as anger is a normal response to certain psychological processes. Instead we teach people why they are angry, how to engage with and process their issues and how to change their way of being. We offer no ‘quick fixes’, only sustainable and long term commitment to change.
- Couples Communication
- These are experiential groups or ‘one to one’ sessions in which couples learn to communicate more readily and thus improve their relationships and relational depth. Couples learn about each other’s needs, and ways of communicating and how to effectively listen and express. This training is open to any form of relationship including: Couples, Management, Parents, and Siblings. This is not couples therapy it is couples training.
- Anxiety and Stress Management and Resolution
- These are experiential groups in which we investigate the causes and expression of Stress, Anxiety, OCD and other Control issues. The group offers a managed safe environment in which the individual learns to reduce their anxiety and learn resilience, spontaneity, and self-belief.
For Psychotherapeutic and Developmental Training: TonicTraining
TonicWorkshops is our website for our workshops. We offer a variety of workshops for counsellors, Psychotherapists, Therapists, Mediums and ‘Alternative therapists’. Our workshops include:
- Process Groups
- Experiential Groups
- Spiritual Philosophy and Mindfulness
For Personal and Professional Development Workshops: TonicWorkshops
HealingTonic is our website for our therapists who offer ‘Alternative healing therapies’ to augment more traditional medical approaches. We currently offer:
- Crystal Healing
- Spiritual Healing
- Spiritual Healing is a form of channelled healing given by a qualified SNU Accredited Healer.
For Complementary Healing: HealingTonic