• Bedford Counselling • Bedford Personal Development • Bedford Anger Management (Therapy) • Bedford Anxiety Treatment (Therapy) •
• Bedford Psychotherapy • Bedford Life Coaching • Bedford Professional Development • Bedford Career Coaching • Bedford Dream Analysis •
• Mental Health • Low Self-Esteem • Alcoholism • OCD • Self-Harm • Bullying • Depression • Anxiety • Abuse • Stress • Relationships • Couples • Anger • Substance Misuse • Eating Disorders & Distress •
Professional services at affordable prices. TonicTalk is a premier full-time private practice offering Counselling and Psychotherapy services second to none. We have the training and experience to assist you meet your needs, therefore accept only the best for your and your familyâ€™s emotional, psychological and relational wellbeing. Our services include Counselling, Psychotherapy, Marriage / Couple Counselling, Anger Management, Anxiety Therapy and much more besides.
T: 01933 395 497
TonicTalk currently has three offices servicing Northampton, Bedford, and Milton Keynes and their surrounding towns and villages including Wellingborough, Kettering, Rushden, Kempston, Higham Ferrers, Newport Pagnell, Olney, and Billing. Appointments can be made with either of our therapists for any of our counselling and Psychotherapy rooms.
T: 01933 395 497
M: 0742 714 4234
T: 01933 358 739
M: 0783 778 4663
Counsellor contact details and addresses page.
We recognise the difficulties people face in asking others for help and therefore we try and make the whole process of finding a Counsellor, Psychotherapist or Anger Management specialist as easy and accessible as possible. You can phone or email us and give as much or as little detail as you wish. We have two offices within easy reach of Northampton, Bedford, and Milton Keynes and their surrounding towns and villages and offer appointments from early morning to late evening Monday to Friday and even weekends. Our rates are competitive and we have both male and female therapists who are all extremely well trained, qualified and experienced and will do their utmost to assist you with your needs. Our services are both professional and friendly based on trust, empathy, confidentiality, safety, congruence and a healthy caring relationship between Therapist and client and we work at the pace of the client, without pressure, judging or assumption. TonicTalk counsellors specialist in providing effective and timely treatments that invariably help you quickly change your life and salvage failing relationships. Therefore, if you have come this far, take one step further and arrange an appointment and discover how we may be able to help you.
We are a partnership of independent Psychotherapists and Psychotherapeutic Counsellors who specialise in offering high quality Therapeutic services to the general public; Men, Women, Children and Young people from all backgrounds and walks of life. Our Male and Female Therapists are fully qualified and indemnified, highly trained, and experienced and dedicated to providing for your Therapeutic needs.
Not all Counsellors, Psychotherapists or Psychotherapeutic Trainers are the same. As with all professions and trades there are useful, helpful, well trained, skilful, dedicated and diligent Professionals and Trades-people and there are those who are not. ‘Good Therapists are hard to find’ and therefore worth travelling for. Our catchment areas are Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, and Buckinghamshire including the towns and villages in and around Northampton, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Newport Pagnell, Wellingborough, Kettering, Olney, Market Harborough, St. Neots, Towcester, Corby, Stony Stratford, and Rushden.
While we may not be in walking distance to you, our services are worth travelling for. We also offer group services, workshops and seminars around the UK and abroad. Whatever your Therapeutic or training need please feel free to contact us regardless of your location as we will be happy to help you with your needs or point you in the right direction.
For more information pertaining to the partnership and this site please visit the following:
- About TonicTalk: A description of the partnership, its goals history and function.
- Contact Us: Details of how to contact us and our venue locations.
- About this Site: Details concerning this site and its function.
Professional Counselling and Psychotherapy offers you an integrated opportunity to change your life forever. You and your family deserve peace, happiness and wellbeing and TonicTalk Counselling and Psychotherapy are here to help you achieve that goal.
- Your choice of male or female full-time, professional, highly qualified and experienced counsellors and psychotherapists
- Three consultation rooms in Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire:
- Higham Ferrers room servicing Northampton, Kettering, Wellingborough, Irthlingborough, Billing, etc.
- Newport Pagnell room servicing Milton Keynes, Luton, Olney, Emberton, etc.
- Bedford town centre room servicing Bedford, Kempston, Elstow, etc.
- Flexible: Morning, Afternoon and Evening appointments.
- Confidential Service
- Please note: Services accessed via GP or NHS are recorded on your permanent health record which affects employment prospects, insurance costs and court cases.
TonicTalk Anger Management therapists are fully trained counsellors and have years of experience in helping people of any age and gender over Anger Management issues. We help people overcome:
• Both Overt Aggression and Passive Aggression
• Snappishness, Quick temperedness, Petulance
• Throwing and breaking objects, Punching things
• Shouting and Aggressive outbursts
• Physical, emotional and psychological abuse
• Domestic Violence
• Co-dependant relationships
Sadly, violence and threatening and bullying behaviours are common to couples, families, work places and society as a whole. From childhood through to adulthood an individual may suffer Physical, Emotional and Sexual abuse, bullying and harassment and this invariably has a long term effect on their lives and relationships. Our Psychotherapists and Counsellors are dedicated and experienced in working sensitively with to help them rebuild healthy lives and relationships.
More than 50% of all long term committed relationships including marriages fail, it therefore seems a worthwhile investment to resolve issues rather than the alternative. Our counsellors and Psychotherapists specialise in helping people improve all forms of relationships including:
• Couples, Marriages & Civil Partnerships
• Parent and Child, Siblings, & Interfamily
TonicTalk can help you:
• Resolve conflicts and Misunderstandings
• Overcome and avoid bitterness and resentment
• Understand and accept each other
• Improve your Communication skills
• Voice needs and goals and achieve them
• Improve intimacy, care and Love
• Minimise all forms of aggression
Even great relationships have their issues. People service their cars and boilers as a precaution. Why not invest in your relationship to ensure small issues do not become critical and also to improve and develop?
TonicTalk also offers assistance when relationships and marriages fail, helping keep costs to a minimum and reducing the psychological damage done to children.
Top of Page
Anxiety is a common to complex emotional, psychological and behavioural issue that can include the extremes of Panic Attacks, Phobias, OCD and GAD. Despite being ineffectual and having side-effects, G.P.s offer Anti-Anxiety medication which can only manage symptoms and will not resolve the underlying causes. Counselling and Psychotherapy offers one of the few viable long term sustainable solutions and our counsellors and Psychotherapists have great success in assisting individuals to overcome Anxiety, Panic Attacks, OCD and GAD.
There are many forms of depression, both long-term and short-term, and often these are treated with long term antidepressants which only manage symptomology without the prospect of a real sustainable solution. Talking therapies like Counselling and Psychotherapy can bring long term sustainable relief and we have an excellent reputation for providing such help.
Considering the importance of psychological health and the impact that personal issues and concerns can have on an individual’s life and wellbeing; we feel that it is important for clients to find accessible professional and effective Counselling and Psychotherapy services. To this end we have two venues that can be accessed conveniently in which such services can be found.
This private room is bright and airy and comfortably furnished and is conveniently situated in East Northamptonshire with plenty of parking and easy access from the A6 and A45.
Its catchment area includes Rushden, Corby, Kettering, Wellingborough, Wollaston, Irthlingborough, Finedon, Thrapston, St. Neots, Pavenham, Sharnbrook, Billing, Earls Barton, Cogenhoe, Great Doddington, Northampton, and Bedford. All are within 15 miles travel. See Contact Us for more details.
This room is situated within DeVere’s hotel and conference facility in Newport Pagnell. It is a smart, tidy building with plenty of off-street parking, a public gym, reception areas, coffee bars, internet access and much more besides. The room itself is light and spacious and furnished in a contemporary style. Utilising a conference facility allows us to offer our clients complete anonymity and confidentiality. If you arrive early to your session you can relax and take advantage of the public waiting area with refreshments and WC. This facility has excellent disabled access.
Its catchment area includes Milton Keynes, Olney, Emberton, Kempston, Stony Stratford, Bletchley, Bedford and other surrounding towns and villages. See Contact Us for more details.
- Full time professional practice: Sessions available from early morning to late evening.
- Concessions available upon request.
Individuals: One to One appointments
- £50 per hour (pro rata there after) weekdays between 9:00am and 9:00pm
- £80 per hour (pro rata there after) Saturdays between 10:30am and 4:00pm
- £90 per hour (pro rata there after) Sundays between 11:00am and 3:00pm
A weekday appointment, morning, daytime or evening, for an individual costs only £50.
Couples or Parent and child: Two to One appointments
- £80 per 75 minute appointment (pro rata there after) weekdays between 9:00am and 9:00pm
- £100 per 75 minute appointment (pro rata there after) Saturdays between 10:30am and 4:00pm
- £120 per 75 minute appointment (pro rata there after) Sundays between 11:00am and 3:00pm
A weekday appointment for a couple is just £80
For more information on Fees and Concessions and conditions of service; please visit our Fees and Conditions page
This section contains pages pertaining to each of our therapists. We hope that this will allow you to get to know our therapists a little better and help you choose who you would like to work with.
His experience is wide and varied and ranges from common life issues including: Depression, Anxiety, Self-esteem issues, Relationship issues, Bereavement, childhood neglect and abuse, Bullying, Divorce and Separation, Work and Career issues, Adoption, Spousal / Partner / Wife / Husband Abuse, Anger Management issues, Substance Misuse, Alcoholism and Self Harm, and Neglect. To less common issues including: OCD, childhood sexual abuse, Adoption, Suicide, Schizoid issues, Bi-Polar, Personality disorders, and much more besides. Carlos is willing and able to work with any individual or couple and their presenting issues and is a fully qualified and indemnified member of the BACP (MBACP). Read Carlos’ profile.
Carlos is an extremely insightful Psychotherapist who works with his clients in a gentle, caring and non-judging way. He is sensitive to their needs, fears, frustrations, and frailties, but also has the strength, courage, congruence and compassion necessary to truly connect with his clients and support them through whatever difficulties they may bring without he himself becoming jaded, rejecting, retaliatory, fearful or demanding. He has over four years clinical experience as an NHS Psychotherapist and Counsellor providing Therapy in and around Northamptonshire and also works for MIND and in the past for CRUSE as a Bereavement Therapist. His patience and care, combined with keen analytical and interpretative skills provides his clients with an environment for growth and change that is second to none and he has extensive experience Counselling Adults, (both Men and Women), Adolescents and Children.
Suzanne is an intuitive, compassionate, committed, and insightful Therapist with over three years experience and has worked for the NHS and CRUSE providing Counselling and Psychotherapy to Adults and Adolescents. Suzanne is an Integrative Jungian Psychotherapist who is able to work with any individual and their presenting issues and her experience includes Depression, Infertility, Childhood Sexual Abuse, low self worth, Bereavement, Bullying, Parental abuse, and much more besides. Suzanne has an MA in Psychotherapy and Healing Practice (Middlesex). Read Suzanne’s profile.
We are a privately funded Psychotherapy and Counselling practice and therefore work directly for our clients and in their best interest. Client confidentially is assured through the following procedures:
- Since computers are vulnerable to attack and data theft; no personal client information or Counselling / Psychotherapy session notes are kept on computer.
- Client session notes and personal information are only kept as hard copy and securely locked away. Access to these paper records is restricted to the Therapist and Client unless directed by a court order or under other legal obligation.
- To ensure privacy and confidentiality, TonicTalk and its agents will not share any information concerning Counselling, Psychotherapy or other services accessed by a clients with any other agency unless specifically directed to do so by court order.
- The health services keep complete and lifelong medical records of all medical interventions including those reported by other agencies. Many, both within and without the health services have access to medical records and as such they should not be considered confidential. Often, insurers and employers demand access to medical records such that their content may prejudice both the availability and cost of insurance or be detrimental to employment prospects. In our opinion, it is therefore, not in the best interest of clients to inform G.P.s of services accessed.
For many people making the decision to take up Counselling or Psychotherapy is difficult. They often feel that their issues and concerns are not important enough to warrant attention for fear of being seen as a ‘malingerer’, ‘time waster’ or fraud when there are people who ‘really’ need help out there. Others feel that their issues and concerns are so insurmountable and overwhelming that they are impossible to resolve. And if they expressed how they feel; that they would lose themselves or never stop crying; or that a Therapist would not be able to ‘cope’ or be unwilling to help. Others feel that no one could begin to understand how they feel or be able to help, so what is the point trying to explain it? And others feel that their ’secret’ is so terrible or damning that they would be judged and rejected if anyone knew.
Small or large; any issue or concern that is having a detrimental effect on your life or the life of your family or your personal wellbeing is worth investing in to resolve. Anything that ‘pulls you down’, depresses you, causes you stress, anxiety or fear or to devalue yourself is something Therapy can help you to overcome.
Counselling and Psychotherapy, when practiced by a properly trained, qualified and developed Therapist, offers a unique opportunity to engage with how you feel and think and with your past and present experiences, within a safe, supportive, non-judging, nurturing and healthy environment. It is a positive opportunity to work perhaps on the most difficult elements of your life and in so doing grow beyond them and be renewed.
Everything that you currently Feel, Think and have Experienced is completely ‘real’ and undeniable; but, while it may do, it does not have to be the limit of your life and potential happiness. You can grow beyond Fear, Shame, Depression, Anxiety, Despair, Loneliness, Unhappiness, Worthlessness, Aggression and anything else that plagues your life and robs you of your Dignity, Value, Resilience, Spontaneity, Confidence, Tolerance, Appreciation, Peace and Joy. Life has infinite possibilities and in general, is what we make it. Through Therapy you can realise your potential and become all that you able to be.
While many may feel that Therapy is for weak, and perhaps ‘mental’ or ‘crazy’ people; it is not. Therapy is for everyone and anyone who wants to move beyond their issues, worries and concerns or overcome personal psychological problems that degrade their lives. Through the assistance Therapy offers, you can achieve joy, and a better connection and understanding with yourself and those in your life; you can become more tolerant and peaceful; and you can achieve a sense of self appreciation that will reflect in everything you do. Happiness is achieved when what you think, feel and do are in harmony with each other and your social and personal context; and Therapy can help you achieve this.
There is no need to ‘suffer in silence’ or ‘put up with’ things as they are. We are here to help you.
All our Therapists are experienced, skilled, qualified, reputable and professional practitioners who are able to provide help and therapy in the vast majority of cases. They are ordinary people who have worked and studied hard for years to acquire skills, insights, and personal qualities and achieve personal development that enables them to work effectively with clients.
Ordinarily, for the majority of people before they engage the services of a therapist they have many questions pertaining to types of therapies, diagnosis’, costs, time scales, expectations, and much, much more besides. In this section we hope to ask those questions and answer them as clearly and succinctly as possible. If however, you have a question that is not answered, please feel free to ‘contact us’ and we will endeavour to answer the question, find you an answer or point you in the right direction.
Here you will find Ideas, and Experience concerning how best to utilise your resources, Financial and Personal, to gain maximum benefit with respect to your personal development. We hope to promote that which we feel is helpful, explode some myths and expose the pitfalls so that you can at least recognise them. The section is divided up into four pages:
- Personal and Professional Issues
- Personal Therapy
- Group Work
- Independent Growth
In this section we have placed all that we would like to include on this site that did not fit under any of the previous headings:
This article has been randomly selected from a group of Counselling and Psychotherapy articles which attempt to provide information concerning the Therapeutic process and how it can help with respect to specific issues and concerns. The list is not exhaustive and we will continue to add to it when the opportunity arises.
As of 2008 45% of all marriages in England and Wales will end in divorce. This equates to anything from 120,000 to 150,000 married couples filing for divorce per year and this will affect anything from 100,000 to 160,000 children per year. These statistics were taken form www.statistics.gov.uk
Note: These statistics do not include unmarried couples and their children.
The social and personal impact of divorce and separation is immense and affects both the adults and children in the immediate family and also their extended families and friends. Children, especially young children, are particularly susceptible to the negative effects of familial breakdown and more often than not get caught in the crossfire between ‘warring’ parents. Children loose their sense of security, family and continuity, blame themselves, are confused, and often regress to earlier developmental stages. The adults in failing or failed relationships are also fare from immune to emotional and psychological ‘fall out’. There is often a loss or bereavement period; Depression concerning the lost investment; Anxiety concerning the future ; a loss of self worth; guilt, regret, anger, resentment, denial, blame; a sense of betrayal or abandonment, a loss of faith in oneself; and much more besides. Also our legal system is adversarial, encouraging blame between the parties which is less than helpful.
Counselling and Psychotherapy has a role to play under these circumstances and can be of great help to all parties concerned.
- In relationships where there is a possibility of salvaging the relationship Therapy can:
- Help both parties learn to better communicate their individual needs
- Create better understanding and reduce stress
- Overcome aggressive tendencies
- Create appropriate boundaries for children allowing for ‘Adult time’
- Improve communication and reduce stress within the family as a whole
- Offer children and Adolescents an outlet to express their fears, concerns and emotions and thus lessen the impact of divorce and the likelihood of self blaming and insecurity
- In irreconcilable relationships or during and after divorce, Therapy can:
- Reduce tension between parties and offer a route to a more amicable split thus reducing legal costs and help prevent children from being caught in the ‘crossfire’
- Create ‘working’ relationships between estranged parties to facilitate cordial child access rights in which children can feel secure with both their parents
- Offer children and Adolescents an outlet to express their fears, concerns and emotions and thus lessen the impact of divorce and the likelihood of self blaming and insecurity
- Offer emotional release to adults to reduce stress, and frustration.
If you would like our help, arrange your first appointment and discover how our professional therapists can help you! Please feel free to Contact Us
To view a the complete set of articles; Please visit our Articles page.
Many thanks for your visit to Bedford TonicTalk Counselling and Psychotherapy, Anger Management, Anxiety Treatment, Substance Misuse Therapy and Life Coaching.